HIPAA safeguards the privacy of individually identifiable health information for your protection, while still balancing the disclosure of your information needed for patient care and other important purposes.
- Protected Information Includes:
- Information put on your medical record by your doctors, nurses and other health care providers
- Conversations between you and your doctor, nurses and other health care providers concerning care or treatment
- Information that can be found on your health insurer’s computer system
- Billing information that can be found at your clinic
- Most other health information about you
For more information about HIPAA and your rights, please visit the HIPAA website.